This post was last updated on 12 months ago at 12 months ago
I’ve had the privilege of presenting dozens of workshops and seminars locally, provincially, nationally and internationally. I’m constantly updating and tweaking to try and suit the audience and format as well as provide new research and insight. I’d love to come to your event or school and work with you in providing quality, meaningful experiences that will have a lasting impact. My work and interests center around culture, leadership, well-being, digital citizenship, assessment and technology. Check out what other folks have said about my work.
I’ve posted some of my presentations to SlideShare. I take a great deal of pride and effort in producing a high-quality visual component to my presentations.
While they may not make much sense as standalone presentations, feel free to view and download and reuse if you like. That’s how I roll.
Occasionally folks record my full presentations. Here are a few to explore if you’re interested.
- When Beauty Leads to Empathy (TEDx West Vancouver )
- Classrooms of the Future (TechEdge University of Nebraska)
- 5 Minutes of Creativity (UCET, Salt Lake City, UT ) * Here’s the finished product you see created at the end of this workshop
- This Thing Called Innovation (IL4K12, Vancouver, BC
- The Stupidest Creative Act (ISTE 2013, San Antonio, TX)
- Whatever Happened to Joy? (TEDx WestVancouverED)
- Beyond the Bake Sale with Steve Dembo (TCEA, Austin, Texas, )
- How to Make Better Teachers (140edu, New York, NY)
- When You’re Not the Smartest Person in the Room (Austin, Texas, TECSIG)
- The Importance and Seriousness of Silly (Social Learning Summit)
- Sharing in a Disruptive World (Palm Beach Technology Conference)
- Simple Ideas that Tell Powerful Stories (Palm Beach Technology Conference)
- Take a Picture, It’ll Last Longer (Palm Beach Technology Conference)
- Exploring Visual Literacy (Saint Joseph, Missouri) Full Recording
- TEDX Saskatoon The Return of Barn Raising and Pop-ins November 2010
- K12 Online Conference 2010 Pre-Conference Keynote: Sharing: A Moral Imperative Oct, 2010
- Reputation Management and the Impact of Social Media on Schools and Organizations May 2010
- When You’re Not the Smartest Person in the Room (Discovery Education’s Virtual Spring Conference April 2010)
- Let’s Get Visual (St. Mary County Day School, St. Louis, MO, July 2009)
- 2 Guys from Saskatchewan Rethinking Teacher Education (TCEA Area 7 Conference, White Oak, TX with Alec Couros, June 2009)
- While I was Sleeping….how I built my network (TCEA Area 7 Conference, White Oak, TX, June 2009)
- 10 Disruptions that could Transform your Classroom (Palm Beach Schools Technology Conference, Palm Beach, FL March 2009) Video (careful, it’s 365MB)
If you are interested in using the materials or resources from these presentations or even having me do any of these feel free to contact me.
dean At shareski Dot ca