This post was last updated on December 12th, 2011 at 03:18 pm
Mike Parkhill.…Academic Director Microsoft Canada
Blogged Live during his keynote
- Focuses on Change…shows a short PPT on change
- Shows Did You Know presentation remix of Darren’s version
- 18% of 2 year olds in North America are on the internet
- Refers to Prensky
- Kids aren’t learning Math, Science specifically but rather how to share, learn and collaborate
- Talks about a grade one student in Nunavut who speaks perfect German because her best friend lives in Germany and she plays video games online with her
- Convergence is happening…Glucoboy is an attachment to a gameboy which monitors blood sugar for kids with diabetes
Challenge to adopt the culture that’s happening around us.
Thoughts: Not a new message to me but perhaps to the rest of the crowd.